Blood and other bodily fluids will be handled to minimize the possibility of cross contamination and exposure of employees, consumers, food, and surfaces to the blood or other bodily fluids.
All restaurant employees must:
- Contain the source of the blood.
- Wear disposable gloves when exposed to blood or bodily fluids to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Dispose of contaminated gloves so that they do not come in contact with other people, food, or equipment. Dispose of any contaminated foods.
- Clean and sanitize any affected food contact surfaces.Cleaning supplies should be washed after use.
- Follow procedures outlined by the restaurant manager.
- Seek assistance from someone trained to handle blood or bodily fluids as needed.
NOTE: A Blood-Borne Pathogens Kit should be located in the restaurant, to be used when handling blood is necessary.
The restaurant manager will:
- Review practices with all employees as part of new employee orientation.
- Follow up as necessary.