Equipment is washed, rinsed, and sanitized after each use to ensure the safety of food served to customers.
Employees who use equipment will be responsible for washing and sanitizing removable parts after each use. Equipment in contact with temperature controlled for safety foods is cleaned at least every four hours. Steps include:
- Disassemble removable parts from equipment.
- Use the three-sink method to wash, rinse, and sanitize all parts. Verify sanitizer concentration for each meal period and document on log as per policy.
- Quaternary ammonia –Manufacturer’s recommendation and immerse for at least 30 seconds
- Iodine –12.5-25.0 ppm and immerse for at least 30 seconds
- Chlorine –50-99ppm and immerse for 7 seconds
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize all food contact surfaces of the equipment that are stationary.
- Allow all parts of the equipment to air dry.
- After being rinsed and sanitized, equipment and utensils should not be rinsed before air-drying, unless the rinse is applied directly from a ware washing machine or the sanitizing solution calls for rinsing off the sanitizer after it has been applied in a commercial ware washing machine.
- Re-assemble the equipment.
The restaurant manager will:
- Conduct a visual inspection of all equipment to be certain that it is being cleaned properly.
- Monitor concentration levels of sanitation agents.
- Follow-up as necessary.