The facility and equipment will be maintained to ensure the safety of the food served to customers.
The restaurant manager must:
- Ensure that all handwashing sink areas are supplied with soap dispenser sand disposable towels or functioning air dryers at all times.
- Maintain toilet facilities so that they function properly and are clean.
- Take temperatures routinely of water to ensure that hot (minimum 110ºF) and cold (70ºF) running water is available at all sinks.
- Check to make sure that there is no possibility of back siphonage.
- Check to make sure that all food waste and rubbish are stored in rodent and insect-proof containers with tight fitting lids
- .Be sure temperatures of all cooling equipment are taken and recorded routinely to ensure proper calibration of thermometers and proper equipment operation.See Temperature Record for Freezer, Temperature Record for Freezer/Refrigerators, and Temperature Record for Refrigerator.
- Be sure temperatures of all heating equipment are taken and recorded routinely to ensure proper functioning and thermometer calibration.
- Record temperatures of holding equipment at least daily to ensure proper functioning and calibration.
- Monitor the maintenance of ventilation systems, ensuring that systems are adequate and regularly cleaned according to the recommended schedule.
The restaurant manager will:
- Assure all equipment in the restaurant is well maintained.
- Contract with an equipment repair company to have preventive maintenance done for all equipment, including calibration of cooking equipment.
- Log all preventative and repair work maintenance.
- Review temperature logs to ensure that they are being done and to determine problem areas.
- Follow up on any equipment issues or needs.
- Maintain all facility and equipment documentation with HACCP records.