All food production and service personnel will follow proper hand washing practices to ensure the safety of food served to customers.
All employees in the restaurant should wash hands using the following steps:
- Wash hands (including under the fingernails) and forearms vigorously and thoroughly with soap from a soap dispenser and potable warm water (a water temperature of at least 100ºF is recommended)for a total time period of 20 seconds.
- Use a sanitary nailbrush to remove dirt from under fingernails.
- Lather soap between fingers and on hands thoroughly for 10-15 seconds
- Use only hand sinks designated for that purpose. Do not wash hands in sinks in the production area.
- Dry hands with single use towels, a mechanical hot dryer, or a high velocity blade of non-heated pressurized air. (Retractable cloth towel dispenser systems are not recommended.) Turnoff faucets using a paper towel in order to prevent recontamination of clean hands if foot pedals are not available.
The restaurant manager will:
- Monitor all employees to ensure that they are following proper procedures.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available for proper handwashing.
- Follow up as necessary.