All restaurant employees will use the correct and sanitary tasting method to prevent contamination and ensure food safety.
All restaurant employees must:
Use a Two Spoon Tasting Method:
- Remove a sample of a product from the container with one spoon.
- Transfer the product sample onto a second spoon, away from the original food container or preparation area.
- Sample the product by tasting.
- Never re-use used spoons.Use clean and sanitary spoons each tasting. Always use two spoons to ensure sanitary practices are being followed and the product is not contaminated.
The restaurant manager will:
- Observe the food tasting practices of employees.
- Follow up as necessary.